Database access can be passed directly as SQL (native SQL statement) in the form of SQL strings. Due to the numerous disadvantages associated with the use of SQL strings, they should only be used in exceptional cases. With JPA-SQL, RapidClipse offers an elegant alternative to SQL strings.
- Benefits of SQL strings
- Possible to query any SQL statements, even proprietary statements.
- Initially simpler than Java query APIs, including JPA Criteria API
- Disadvantages of SQL strings
- Unclear code, particularly for large queries.
- Not type safe
- No IDE support
- Code completion - detection of keywords, operators, and entities
- Syntax highlighting
- Code folding
Inline refactoring and refactoring participants for JDT member renames and moves
Error/warning markers with quick fixes
Integration in Eclipse build process
- Risk of SQL injection
- Impossible to debug a SQL query
- Errors can only be noticed at runtime